Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Local Animals

This is my dog Mandazi (or Dazi for short), which is like a Tanzanian donut. She's about 6 months old and we've had her for nearly 4.5 months. She wishes she were an inside dog, which is why she is trying to climb in our window here.

Dazi mostly eats fish, bread and milk (as well as leftovers). Sometimes, she takes it upon herself to track down rats from the drainage area and bring them home. It's pretty gross. Also, one time she bit our neighbor's chicken. The neighbor wasn't exactly thrilled.


This dog followed me for about a mile one day. I really liked him, but I knew that our neighborhood wouldn't appreciate me bringing another dog home. Still, I was impressed with how fast he could move on three legs. I even decided that I would call him Lefty. Is that cruel?

This was a massive turtle I saw right near our house. Too bad s/he was super-shy.

No comments: