Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Corn Shelling Emergency

Last night at 10:15 PM my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number. Turns out it was a prospective customer. I don't have any sense why he thought that 10:15 PM was a good time to call and ask the price of our machines. After he hung up, my brain started constructing scenarios involving situations where the fate of the country depended on this man removing kernels of corn from the cob before midnight and other such melodrama. That's normal, right?

1 comment:

Me said...

Hahaha! I never believed cake emergencies actually existed until I worked in a bakery and a man NEEDED his daughter's birthday cake, but he couldn't remember which shop he had ordered from. Luckily his cake was found and world wide catastrophe was averted. I hope you were able to provide that same comfort to the man who phoned you last night.