Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Last Days in the USA

I've gotten several notes from people who are surprised that I'm not in Kenya yet. Actually, on Tuesday morning, I am going to Philadelphia for a quick orientation (I meet the other 45 volunteers or so who will be in my training class). Then, on Wednesday, I fly to Nairobi (7.5 hour flight to Amsterdam, 2.5 hour lay-over and 8 hour flight to Nairobi). I will spend one night in Nairobi and from there, I will travel about 7.5 hours to a town near Mt. Kilimanjaro for 8 weeks of training. Apparently, we'll be there during the rainy season :).

Anyway, it sounds like I won't be near a computer very much over the next two months, but I will do my best to put up interesting posts as the excitement gets under way!

Right now, I'm nearly packed, but I still need to buy a few essentials (e.g. duct tape and sandals) and compile my photo album.

cyotfs

P.S. I'm actually really sad that I didn't have any links to go with this post, so I will suggest some interesting videos and some fun videos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't really realize the significance of this until I saw the blog just now. I hope you keep safe and have a profound time in Kenya. You will be deeply missed and I will keep close tabs (or as best I can) while you are away. Keep in touch, my friend, I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

~Dulli

Unknown said...

profound? what a shitty word dulli. get a life