Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Round 4

Well, in the epic battle of Daniel vs. the Intestinal Parasites, round 4 seems to have just concluded. The incredibly sharp stomach cramps were a new twist, however, the conclusion tells the whole story. The results: a victory for antibiotics. Unfortunately, any progress I had made towards weight gain have been destroyed. Oh well, back to square one.

This week was relatively uneventful. Seeing as I mostly sat in my room reading. Now I am heading to Eastern province to work on a tree planting project with another volunteer named Alex. Should be really exciting. I am masquerading as a tree expert for a rather large scale project. I'll be sure to let you know how that goes. I also introduced a new practice at my school. Since I am missing a couple of lessons today, I left lesson plans so the students will have work while I'm gone instead of sitting idle. Most teachers just leave. Sometimes they tell another teacher or something, but not always. I wonder if my radical practice will catch on.

Projects make me very happy. In fact, they provide most of the balance that I need to keep up with my maddening lifestyle. I am hoping to keep up this trend, although it will definitely take a bit of work to make that possible. Good thing I have lots of free time for that.

Oh wait...

No comments: