Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

A special kind of love

I enjoy watching livestock because most times you don't have to wait
very long before they do something ridiculous.

As I was walking home from school today, there was a Somali who had
travelled a long way in search of water and pasture for his large herd
of cows (don't even get me started on the environmental damage caused
by overstocking). One of the calves decided that it wanted a meal,
while its mother was walking. Now normally, the mother just continues
walking until the calf gets the idea that it might need to wait for
its meal. Today, however, I saw a new technique. The calf was trying
to drink while standing behind the mother, so the mother stopped
walking and started peeing. Yuck! That poor calf.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! That's hilarious! I've seen when the calves get the idea of having to wait for the meal.
Nice story.