Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The week is looking up

Well, after a manic Monday, a tense Tuesday and a pretty lousy start
to wednesday (so much for alliteration), things are looking up.

So things haven't actually improved at school. If anything, they've
probably deteriorated. But I got a very nice email from a Peace Corps
staff member in Nairobi. There was a recent coup in Madagascar (it
seems most people missed this news story), but the silver lining in
the Madagascar evacuation of Peace Corps was that some of their
friendly staff have come to Nairobi for the time being. Can't say much
more about that right now. Also, I started working on two somethings
that I find very rewarding this week. Can't really say more about that
either at this point. What I can talk about is the amazing guacamole
that I made last night at the restaurant near my house. The produce
seemed to be perfectly in season, so I wound up with two burritos sin
queso for dinner. Yummm! It was a little disheartening that some of
the customers at the restaurant were criticizing the cook for becoming
white (i.e. eating my recipe), but they were probably secretly jealous
of our culinary prowess. Gotta savor those small victories. Also,
today is Economist day, so as with every Thursday, I look forward to
reading the new edition.

Let's hope things keep going like this.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Wonky Wednesday?

Thuy said...

=)

Dennis Ramdass said...

I'm sure they are jealous of your mad guac making skills. Keep us posted on the small victories - good to hear things are looking up!

Unknown said...

Sometimes it's the small victories that are able to keep us going.
Como lo vez?
Ninataka ku-visit wewe, mon ami, el proximo mes. Sawa?
Quad-lang converstaions are definitely included in the small victories. :D