Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

I don't understand ants

So I've had problems with ants my whole time here. I have to give them credit for their persistence. It seems like any food that contains sugar is not safe from their clever ways. However, imagine my surprise when I opened the salt container (probably the least sweet thing in the kitchen) and found it crawling with hundreds of tiny ants. I can't even imagine how they got in, since the container was tightly closed.



NB: I think this is the first photo I'm posting on here. Isn't it lovely? Well, I've tried a few times before, but with no success (just wanna throw it out there that I never had problems uploading pictures using wordpress, only blogger). My new recipe will be whatever pictures I can capture on my netbook's little webcam, will go up here.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Wow. At least the ants in our apartment are still attracted to sugar and have not stooped so low as to go to the salt container. Though they were last scene heading for an old sponge . . .

Daniel said...

Last scene, eh? As in the final act of a play? I guess that's the writing degree showing through...

To be fair, the container held honey initially. It has held salt for a while, so I'm surprised that this never happened before. One friend suggested that since it's a plastic container, it holds onto the honey much better than if it were a glass container...