Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Locked In

It's nice to have an indoor bathroom with a wooden door. Definitely a big step up over my house in Kenya. However, wooden doors run their own risks here. Like when the handle stops working (my corrugated iron door just had a sliding latch, so I never had this problem). I felt pretty ridiculous in there and I asked Jodie to try using a credit card on the door. She couldn't get it to work (I probably should have coached her better) so she slid it under the door. I gotta say, it definitely doesn't work from the inside.

After a few minutes, the boys from the workshop unscrewed the handle and I was free once again. I think this is just more evidence of what I've argued for years. Showers are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.

No comments: